As of Monday April 19 at 12:01 am, the provincial government reduced Church capacity to 10 people at each Mass. This number includes Fr. Tim, a Sacristan, and Deacon Chris.
EVERYONE MUST REGISTER FOR MASS.
Regrettably, if we are FULL and you did not pre-register, you will not be able to stay.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
POSTPONED UNTIL THE LOCKDOWN ENDS!
→ STAY TUNED for the Time, Agenda and Registration Link!
ON THE MOST SACRED HEART OF JESUS
My dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
As we have entered into the Month of May and the Month of Mary, I am inviting you, along with your devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and in preparation for the Month of the Most Sacred Heart in June, to take the time to read the document below. This document is a PASTORAL LETTER of His Eminence, Thomas Cardinal Collins, Archbishop of Toronto. As one of the senior prelates in this country, and as a prolific writer and homilist, His Eminence presents to us in his letter, a profound insight into the crisis’ of our times, and the necessary devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
As your Pastor and Shepherd therefore, out of love and concern for you souls, I am not simply asking you to read this; I am ‘telling’ you to read this. All the preaching in the world cannot emphasize enough, the need for our love for the Sacred of Jesus and the great salvific act He gave for the cause of our salvation.
This Pastoral Letter is a gift to the Church in our times and it is so that you can truly discover the gift that is being given to you, that I say to you … “READ THIS!” Print off the Letter if you can, then take time aside with a cup of tea, a lit candle and 30 minutes of prayerful, quiet time, and allow your heart to be open to the Sacred Heart of Jesus as our eminent Shepherd presents it to you. I am sure too, that you will want to share it, pray with it, and to refer back to it often.
Prayerfully Yours in Christ,
‘Heart Speaks to Heart’, by Cardinal Thomas Collins: https://www.archtoronto.org/en/outreach/news/archdiocesan/a-new-pastoral-letter-from-cardinal-collins-heart-speaks-to-heart/
For safety reasons, RESTROOMS ARE CLOSED IN THE CHURCH. For emergencies, the HANDICAP WASHROOM will remain open, however, it is the responsibility of the user to clean up after themselves with the cleaning supplies provided. Signs have been posted at the entrances. Thank you for your understanding and support.
A TIME OF PRAYER:
- We are pleased to offer parishioners the opportunity to sit with Our Lord in the Church proper during office hours, Tuesday to Friday, 10:00 am to 3:30 pm. If you desire to spend time in front of the Tabernacle, please enter through the Parish Office door, located off of 4th Avenue. A disinfecting station and sign-in sheet will be provided.
- Please take into consideration that if our custodian is working in the Church, he will need to continue. Thank you for your understanding.
- We are very grateful to all our Bulletin Advertisers and their continued support and loyalty. Please help support our Sponsors by patronizing their businesses, especially during this time.
- Interested in Advertising with us? For information, go to our Advertising Page at http://www.blessedsacrament.ca/bulletin-ads/.
EMERGENCY SACRAMENTAL CARE – “ANOINTING OF THE SICK”
~ Please call the Office at 613-232-4891 ~
† † †
CORONAVIRUS NOVENA PRAYER ~ petitioning heaven to end this crisis.
There is no time like the present to begin this Novena. Let us storm heaven with our prayers and petitions!
CORONAVIRUS OUTREACH PROGRAM
In the spirit of St. Charles Borromeo, who went out during the plague of 1576 in Milan, we are hoping to be of some assistance to those who are in need due to isolation during these difficult times. We are looking to provide pastoral care with the following services:
- Grocery pick up;
- Pharmaceutical pick up;
- Sacramental Care – “Sacrament of the Sick” (Anointing, Confession, Holy Communion);
- Add a name(s) to our Prayer List.
If you are interested in helping out with this program or know of someone who is in need of this outreach, please contact CHRIS MOFFAT at 613-316-0526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.